Thank You, Interns!
Cleaning bathrooms, setting up chairs, calling churches, belaying, meal clean up, labeling bulk mailing, visiting youth groups, running games, shoveling: these are just a few of the many tasks that Portage Lake interns master during their time.
With summer just around the corner, we say good bye, but mostly we say THANK YOU to our interns.
Hannah Seven and Brandon Johnson, served Portage Lake in more ways than I can begin to list. Although working hard is important, Brandon and Hannah were invaluable because of their positive attitude, constant eagerness to serve and their genuine care for every person that came to camp.
If you’ve been to Portage Lake this year or the last few summers, you’ve probably met Hannah and Brandon. But there are probably some things you don’t know about them!
- will be transferring to Cornerstone University in the fall to study education
- loves Chacos, but prefers not to have the toe loop
- has two younger sisters
- first came to PLCBC when she did S.W.I.M. team in 2012
- worked every Wednesday morning at Faith Covenant Church in Manistee with youth pastor Julie Portillo
- will be a counselor and co-Canteen & Cool Bean director this summer
- will most miss the small town atmosphere with the big family feel
- is a proud Purdue Boilermaker alum
- was introduced to PLCBC through Speaker Guy Tim Atkins and first came to camp when he was on staff in 2012
- is in the final canidating process to become a youth pastor at a Covenant Church on the east coast
- lived in California until middle school
- is an all around sports fan
- sings his way through mindless jobs
- will most miss being in a place that people love are are so passionate about
Thank you Brandon and Hannah for all you did to impact lives for Christ through your service!
-Beth Piccard, Associate Director