Summer 2017 is getting close! For the last two days, PLCBC has enjoyed weather in the mid 70’s and some beautiful sunshine! In 48 days, Portage Lake Buddies will officially kick off another amazing summer at camp! Here’s 48 things for those 48 days that we can all look forward to this summer:
Jesus changing the lives of campers young and old
- Not having to wear boots, coats, scarves, hats, mittens, a parka, twelve layers of long-johns…etc.
- Jerry Jacoby jokes, songs, and stories
- Another crazy and fun staff!
Dodging the sprinklers at night
- Green grass, because of those sprinklers!
- The sound of the chapel bell
- Meal time line-up song prayers
- Jumping off the dock
- Worship in the chapel (it might be kinda warm in there but who cares?!)
- A lot of jungle themed fun! (#rooted2017)
Staff skit night
- Flashlight time
- Family camp meals
- The staff intro video
- Christmas in July!
- The big rally in the chapel at the end of the week
- Trivia with Speaker Guy Tim
- Hearing the sound of 175 campers singing their hearts out to God
- Story time with Pathfinders (in jammies!)
- Cabin time
Painting on the wall in Arts & Crafts
- Speaking of that…Tie dye Tuesday!
- “You can’t ride in my little red wagon…”
- The Dune Hike
- Pun wars with Tony Moon
- Sleeping in a sleeping bag
- “ELMER, ELMER, ELMER!”
- Camper/Counselor Prayer of Blessing Wednesday morning
The Talent Show!
- The first night campfire
- The smell of bug spray/sunscreen (for better or for worse!)
- Getting blobbed…or doing the blobbing
- Gorilla Warfare
- Playing mixer games as a cabin to get to know each other and…
- …being best friends by the end of the week
- Getting a new camp t-shirt/sweatshirt
- Dance parties (planned or unplanned)
- Sunsets (and sunrises if you’re an early bird)
- Flying on the zip-line, flying squirrel, or giant swing
In all of it, experiencing JESUS!