Shiver on the River!
Spend an all inclusive weekend all about fishing! Take Saturday morning, afternoon, and Sunday morning (or any other time in between!) on the river or lakes fishing.
Date: April 17-19, 2020 – Friday Evening to Sunday Noon (Ask about Thursday accommodations!)
Cost: Adults – $85, High School and Younger – $45
See below for weekend features, meals, and what to bring!
- Steelhead (Large Rainbow Trout) and Trout Fishing
- Steelhead and trout fishing open year-round in the Manistee River below Tippy Dam (Michigan All Species Fishing License required for both steelhead and trout
- Waders or hip boots (preferably waders) required for river fishing
- Info & advice from one of the preeminent fishermen from western Michigan
- Some flies, bait, and tackle available for purchase
- Lake Michigan Pier Fishing in Manistee and Frankfort
- Perch Fishing in Portage Lake – bring your boat!
- River Fishing Lecture Friday Evening & Fly Tying for all on Saturday Evening (supplies provided)
Don’t want to fish? Come anyway! Golf, read, relax at camp, hike, etc.
- Friday – Dinner at 7:00 PM
- Saturday – Continental Breakfast, Sack Lunch, Dinner at 6:00 PM
- Sunday – Breakfast at 10:00 AM (fish before breakfast, church service after breakfast)
What to Bring:
- Sleeping bag
- Warm clothes
- Good flashlight
- Fishing tackle